"BASKETBALL IS FOR FOLKS THAT DON'T TOSS AROUND MINDBLASTS."

MARCH MODOK MADNESS 2024!

It's here! MODOK Madness 2024! Send us your MODOKs!

Monday, March 31, 2008

Submitted MODOK: Adrian Rivero


The Lonely, Horrific Death Of MODOK

This one breaks my heart. On their first major mission the Serpent Society were hired by AIM(those turncoats Advanced Idea Mechanics) to assassinate MODOK. They caught him unawares and proceeded to fill him with poison while he was still in his pajamas. I drew this from memory. I could have sworn the cover looked just like this. I finally found the cover on the internet and saw that they only show Death Adder(the dude on the far left) attacking MODOK while he is in his pajamas. I'm pretty sure there is a panel in the comic where Death Adder and Cottonmouth(the dude with the huge teeth) are just chewing on the poor soul. I remember MODOK somehow(don't ask) ripping off the arms of the dude with the tail(and he was flying). I couldn't find my issue of this so this is all from memory. I know I have the issue of Iron Man that came out shortly after where they reanimate the rotting corpse of MODOK and make him attack Iron Man(again it was those Benedict Arnold's at AIM).

These memories haunted me as a child and still to this day I can't sleep at night until I check under my bed for snakes. Never again I say! Death Adder was one of the first executed by Scourge(the weird dude who assassinated supervillains). MODOK has been back recently. I am unsure if he is undead or just older(I'm talking about the crows feet and the pallid skin). Lets remember him in better times, but never forget the tragic past so we are not doomed to repeat it. A prayer for MODOK.

Adrian

2 comments:

GOGOPEDRO said...

SORRY I COULDN"T GET THE BODY OF TEXT TO CONDENSE ANY MORE THEN THIS.

IT WAS FIN IN ONE WINDOW AND SCREWY IN ANOTHER.

GREAT IMAGE. MODOK DOESN'T normally beg for mercy.. But snake people are indeed frightening.

P

Adrian said...

Sorry for my long windedness. I'm always doing that. Anyway, poor guy went out in a bad way. I also had a comic as a kid(I think it was a cap annual) where Captain America goes into a haunted house and several of his dead villians attack including a ghost MODOK.

Living MODOK is bad but ghost MODOK can walk through walls.